Laurie J. Woog
New Jersey Immigration Lawyer
The Woog Law Office in Scotch Plains focuses on immigration and naturalization. We represent clients in employment and family-based immigration cases before United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly INS) and United States consulates abroad. As the managing attorney, Laurie Woog has extensive experience helping clients obtain temporary work visas such as H-1bs, L-1s and O-1s, and permanent residence—green cards—through labor certification/ PERM, religious work, extraordinary ability in the arts or sciences, national interest waivers, and outstanding researcher and professor cases. Laurie handles many applications for green cards based on marriage, extensions of status for visitors and students, E-3 visas for Australians, and naturalization for those interested in obtaining U.S. citizenship.
Education / Experience / Accomplishments
“She is very detail-oriented which resulted in a more complete application, optimizing success and minimizing roadblocks. Her personable nature completes the package. She is patient, explains difficult issues well, and is easy to communicate with, a critical issue since we are located in different states. She quoted me a reasonable fee up front, and unlike other lawyers, does not charge me for every communication with her. This resulted in a remarkably stress-free experience.”
“In short, I would enthusiastically recommend her to anyone requiring legal assistance.”
- Adjunct professor of Immigration Law, Union County College, Cranford, NJ
- Harvard University, B.A.
- Northeastern University Law School, J.D.
- Federal judicial clerkship
- Taught immigration law at the University of Wisconsin Law School
- Frequent lecturer on immigration topics at conferences and universities
- Authored several articles appearing in Wisconsin Lawyer and Immigration Law Today
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Admitted to practice in New Jersey
- Authored an article published in the May 2010 edition of the New Jersey Law Journal on extraordinary ability green cards.
Areas of Practice
My legal focus spans many aspects of immigration law:
- Business immigration
- Family immigration
- Marriage cases
- Consular processing
- EB-1 visas
- Priority workers
- Extraordinary ability
Serving clients in New Jersey, New York, other states and around the world with a concentration in the New Jersey counties of Union, Somerset, Middlesex, Mercer, Morris, Hudson, Passaic, Bergen and Essex, and in Westfield, Scotch Plains, Fanwood, Plainfield, Newark, Elizabeth, Morristown, Princeton, New Brunswick and Jersey City.