Home / Areas of Practice / NAFTA Professionals

TN (NAFTA/Canadian or Mexican) Professionals

This category is for an individual from either Canada or Mexico who will work in the U.S. pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) as a qualifying professional.

The professional position is one that requires the minimum of a Bachelor’s degree for entry into the profession; however, several of the professions or job categories have alternate requirements to a degree. Qualifying professions include an accountant, architect, astronomer, chemist, computer systems analyst, dentist, economist, forester, land surveyor, lawyer, librarian, mathematician, physician, physicist, veterinarian, university professor, urban planner, etc. A complete list is available on the NAFTA website.

Canadian citizens can apply for TN status at a U.S. consulate or the port of entry, or through USCIS first. Mexican citizens must apply to USCIS. The TN status is valid for one-year and can be renewed annually. Green card: It is important to note that TN nonimmigrant status could be denied if the individual is in the process of applying for permanent residence.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form

!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->