Home / Areas of Practice / Areas of Practice

Immigration and Naturalization Services

Same-Sex Marriage Green Cards, LGBT issues

Helping Professionals, Visitors and Families Cross Borders

“We were very pleased with Laurie’s services. She is extremely thorough, professional, and meticulous, and has a rare ability to translate scientific concepts into plain language for USCIS. Most of all, she has up-to-date knowledge of the U.S. immigration law, which has gone through many changes recently. My EB-2 case went exceptionally smoothly all the way from labor certification through receipt of our green cards. Laurie explained things patiently and always kept us informed about our case. We enthusiastically recommend the Woog Law Office to our friends and colleagues.”

D. Kim

Ever-changing regulations on nationality laws, immigration, and consular law can be difficult to track. Hiring an experienced immigration lawyer is your best chance of obtaining the documentation you need to live and work in the nation of your choice.

When you hire my law firm, the Woog Law Office in Scotch Plains, New Jersey, you retain legal counsel knowledgeable in all aspects of immigration law. I handle all litigation and paperwork regarding—

  • Assisting professional athletes, entertainers, scientists, and artists in working in the U.S.
  • Keeping you in the United States
  • Bringing your family to the U.S.

Please read below for more information on my legal practice, including permanent status documentation and temporary visas.

Permanent Residence (Green Card) Via Employment

Permanent residence refers to the authorization of a foreign national to live and work in the United States indefinitely. Obtaining a green card through long-term employment in the U.S. is the crux of my legal practice. Please read below for more information on each type of green card, or contact my office to schedule an initial consultation.

Nonimmigrant (Temporary) Visas

Nonimmigrant visas allow people from all over the world to come to the United States for employment, education, leisure or to rejoin family members. Please click on the links for more information about these temporary visas, or contact my office to schedule an initial consultation.

Permanent Residence (Green Card) Via Family Member

Are you attempting to bring your family over to join you in the United States? I am prepared to advise on all variations of permanent residence permission through family members:

  • Immediate relative: spouse, parent or child of U.S. citizen
  • 1st preference: son or daughter of U.S. citizen
  • 2nd preference: spouse, child or unmarried son, daughter of LPR (green card holder)
  • 3rd preference: married son/ daughter of U.S. citizen
  • 4th preference: sibling of U.S. citizen
  • Fiance and Fiancee processing and adjustment of status
  • Conditional residence for spouse and removal of conditions (I-751)

Other Services

I assist clients in the additional legal work that goes hand-in-hand with coming to and bringing others to the U.S.:

  • Naturalization and citizenship
  • Counseling employers: I-9 compliance
  • International adoption

Contact the Woog Law Office

At the Woog Law Office, I handle various immigration matters for individuals and businesses with professionalism and respect. Contact my office online today to schedule an initial consultation or call 908-233-0076.

Serving clients in New Jersey, the United States and around the world, with a concentration in the New Jersey counties of Union, Somerset, Middlesex, Mercer, Morris, Hudson, Passaic, Bergen and Essex, and in Westfield, Scotch Plains, Fanwood, Plainfield, Newark, Elizabeth, Morristown, Princeton, New Brunswick and Jersey City.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form

!-- Facebook Pixel Code -->